Sunday, December 4, 2011

Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

Is your house on fire Clark?  No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights!

I just love Christmas movies... Christmas Vacation, Elf, Love Actually (ok, not completely a Christmas movie), and the original Grinch Who Stole Christmas are my favorites.  I love putting on a holiday movie or music and decorating!

The one thing I really miss in a house is a fireplace.  Not only for the warm and cozy glow, but mostly because I have no mantle to decorate! So I gotta figure out something else instead.

Now, I don't go all out like my man Clark W. Griswold, Jr., but I like to have a touch of something in every room.  Behold

My (fake) tree!

My Hokie Tree!

Arraignment on my coffee table

My dining table (I need a table cloth or something)
A little snowman and jar of ornaments for the guest room

A Santa hanging on the mirror in my room

3 comments:

  1. you should buy a floating shelf to decorate in place of a mantle. If I can ever get myself together I am going to buy/paint one and we will hang out stockings off of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, I don't really know where I would put it though? I guess above the TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. or you could buy an electric fireplace with a mantle, or a propane one (but you would need some plumbing for that. the new electric ones are pretty cool......

    ReplyDelete